You can roam the Rockies on 7 days and 6 nights filled with Adventure in Montana and Canada! This itinerary puts you in the heart of Big Sky Country, along the Continental Divide. You will explore glacial cliffs, serene lakes and churning rapids as you journey deep into this breathtaking area, teeming with nature’s rugged beauty and majesty. Itinerary highlights include:
- River Rafting on the Flathead River: Hold on tight and ride the rapids on the Flathead River (Class II-IV) down the Middle Fork through John Stevens Canyon. For 8 miles (almost 13 km), your raft bobs and glides past the majestic peaks that rise to the sky on either side of you. Those seeking a more serene experience can float down the river’s gentle North Fork to Blankenship Bridge and enjoy a scenic trip.
- Glacier National Park Tour: You’ll ride a vintage open-top coach bus up into the surrounding glacier-carved Rockies.
- Glacier Skywalk Excursion: If you dare, step over the edge and onto the glass-bottom platform for a breathtaking view of the valley 918 ft. below.
- Columbia Icefield: You will head to the Continental Divide for a visit to the largest body of ice in North America that feeds 8 glaciers.
- Moraine Lake: You will experience the serenity of the calm waters of Moraine Lake, situated in a majestic mountain range. Explore the area around this natural gem with your Adventure Guides or on your own.
- Bow River Bike Ride: Pedal the trails beside the waters of the beautiful Bow River on a relaxing morning bike ride. Then explore the colorful gardens at historic Canada House, a Banff landmark.
- Banff Gondola Visit: Rise 7,500 ft. to the summit of Sulphur Mountain for a truly spectacular view of 6 mountain ranges!
- Banff: You will explore the streets and shops of this lovely resort town nestled in the shadows of Mt. Rundle and Mt. Cascade. Find an array of dining options at your fingertips in Banff. Choose from one of the local eateries that offer a range of options—from casual family fare to incredible French cuisine. Your Adventure Guides can help you with dinner recommendations.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise: You’ll enjoy a picturesque stay in this landmark hotel nestled in the mountain peaks near Victoria Glacier. Choose to canoe on the tranquil waters of Lake Louise or join your Adventure Guides on a hike to Lake Agnes Teahouse. You can also explore the area on your own by bike or on horseback—or just relax at the spa.
- Native American Storytelling: You’ll gather in a private setting to hear stories of the native people who came to live in the surrounding sun-kissed mountains. Hear a Native American tell tales of old about the humans who came to live here on the “Backbone of the World,” where the mountains meet the sun.
- Scenic Drive to Canada: Head north on a journey that will take you through the scenic rolling hills of the Blackfoot Reservation. Travel along Alberta’s historic Cowboy Trail, which runs between the Rocky Mountains and the Canadian prairie in Alberta’s ranching country. This is the real West up close!
- Junior Adventurer Dinner & Movie Night at the Hotel: Adults can enjoy a nice dinner at their leisure, while Junior Adventurers delight in an exclusive meal with the Adventure Guides, including a terrific dessert—maybe even s’mores (weather permitting)! Top off the night with a special Disney movie presentation. Parents are invited to join the kids, if they wish.
If you’ve always wanted to go on an adventurous vacation, but just never really knew where to start planning, this Adventures by Disney trip was made for you. Disney has already coordinated your itinerary, and secured your admission to parks and activities. They’ve already arranged your transportation to everything. They’ve booked meals for you, and hotel stays. All you’ll need to do is pack your sense of adventure and arrive.
If you like the idea of rugged adventure, with luxurious accommodations at the end of the day, this trip is ideal for you. Disney has already arranged all of your excursions, and your reservations have already been made for you at elegant and historical resorts. And Disney carefully chooses hotels, booking only those that rise to Disney’s highest standards of excellence and service.
If you enjoy the ease of an all-inclusive vacation, Adventures by Disney has you covered. Your package total will include all of your hotel stays, all of your transportation needs, admission to all parks and activities, and even most meals. Plus, 2 knowledgable and experienced Disney Adventure Guides are with you every step of your journey, to answer questions, provide suggestions for you on the best ways to spend your alone time, and even help out should you need anything. And it’s all included.
Are you ready to make 2018 your most adventurous one yet? Schedule a Personal Vacation Profile Session.