During my visit to Walt Disney World in January 2018, I had the pleasure of using this new transportation service. It was wonderful! I took a Minnie Van from Animal Kingdom Lodge to The Contemporary Resort for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. My driver was a long-time Disney employee, who had moved from big cat care at Animal Kingdom to this new transportation program. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with her about the different enrichments offered to the various animals that live there. Did you know that big cats like cardboard boxes as much as house cats? I do now!
I found this service simple to use, and a good value for certain times during your vacation (see my recommendations below). And Disney has now extended this service to all guests staying at all Walt Disney World resort hotels!
How To Use Minnie Vans:
- If you’ve never used Lyft before, ask me to send you a promo code, to save $5 off your first Minnie Van ride! Simply receive the text and follow the prompts.
- Before you arrive at Walt Disney World, download the Lyft app for your smartphone, and set up your account. (Please note that you must use a US-based phone number. International guests will not be able to use this service.)
- Once you arrive at your resort hotel, your My Disney Experience app will notify you that you can now activate the Minnie Van service.
- You can complete your activation yourself through the My Disney Experience app, or stop at the Guest Services desk and ask them to help you activate the Minnie Van service. (You will only need to do this once during your visit to Walt Disney World- NOT every day, or every time you would like a ride.)
- Once your service has been activated, you can use the Lyft app to “call” a Minnie Van to take you from any place to any other place on Walt Disney World property. Your price will vary based on where you are going, and will be visible in the app once you put in your destination.
- Each standard Minnie Van can hold 6 adults. You also have the option to use up to 2 car seats, which are carried in the Minnie Van, and can be installed once your Minnie Van arrives.
- Wheelchair and ECV-accessible Minnie Vans are available, and may require additional wait time. Each mobility-accessible van holds up to 8 adults, and one mobility vehicle.
- Meet your Minnie Van at the designated meeting point, and you’re off!
- You can make multiple stops on one Minnie Van trip (i.e. dropping some of the group off at the hotel before the rest of the party goes on to a theme park).
- Once you arrive at your final destination, you will pay your Minnie Van driver through the Lyft app.
- Best uses of the Minnie Van service: when you have early morning breakfast reservations; when you need to get back to your hotel room very quickly; when you want to park hop quickly; when you are returning to your hotel room at the end of the day; if you are going from your hotel to another hotel for a dining reservation; or if you are changing hotels midway through your stay at Walt Disney World (send your luggage through Bell Services).
- Please note that you should request your Minnie Van about 15 minutes before your preferred pick up time, as sometimes there can be a wait for the van to arrive.
- There is no limit to how many times you can use the Minnie Van service during your stay at Walt Disney World.
- Minnie Vans can take you to many destinations on Disney property, including the McDonald’s drive thru on property, as well as the gas station to grab convenience store items. They can take you to the airport with arrangements made ahead of time (see below). However, they cannot take you anywhere else off property.
- Minnie Van service is available between 6:30am and 12:30am, and availability is subject to change without notice.
- Ride with ease knowing that all Minnie Van drivers are Disney Cast Members, and are background checked and have been through Disney’s training process. They can also offer you all kinds of interesting Disney information during your ride, so feel free to ask your questions!
- Don’t want to wait for Disney’s Magical Express shuttle service to and from Orlando International Airport? You can take a Minnie Van instead! Minnie Van shuttles are roomy, comfortable and playfully themed with a style inspired by Minnie Mouse. Each vehicle accommodates up to 6 guests, 8 medium-sized suitcases and can be equipped with up to 3 complimentary car seats. A one-way ride is $150 for as many people and suitcases as you choose to bring. The airport shuttle runs 7am-10pm, and is subject to availability. Rides can be booked from 6months in advance, up until 11:59pm the night before. Ask me for more details.
Don’t want to waste time and energy figuring out how to get around Walt Disney World vacation? Book your next trip with me! I provide everything you need for a fun and hassle-free visit- including the best ways to get to all of your activities! Contact me for more information, or schedule a Personal Vacation Profile Session for one-on-one planning, questions, and answers!
If you’d like to use my promo code to save on your first Minnie Van ride, use the contact form below!